- 1No longer valid; expired: a lapsed insurance policyMore example sentences
- He received a letter today from his insurance company about his lapsed household insurance.
- It would indeed be absurd to require them to determine conditions for a lapsed permission.
- This latest application replaces an almost identical lapsed planning permission granted in 1994.
- 1.1No longer following the rules and practices of a religion or doctrine; non-practising: a lapsed CatholicMore example sentences
- Next time I hope the Welsh communists will come up north to visit their lapsed brethern.
- The reality of there being a significant number of lapsed Catholics is a long-standing part of Catholic culture.
- Dad was a lapsed Presbyterian who believed in medicine, Mother a Christian Scientist who believed in prayer.