(also lardoon /-ˈduːn/)
- A chunk or cube of bacon used to lard meat.More example sentences
- Sprinkle the beef with the bacon lardons and chopped parsley.
- It is dressed with a lively, mustardy vinaigrette and gigged with major-league lardons, cubes of crisped lean bacon that also work as a garnish to the good baked potatoes.
- They came with tiny white beans that tasted of salt and goose fat (not unlike a confit) but with a herby edge, and ribbons of bright green savoy cabbage, cooked with bacon lardons.
late Middle English: from French, from lard 'bacon' (see lard).
More definitions of lardonDefinition of lardon in:
- The US English dictionary