Definition of large-scale in English:
1Involving large numbers or a large area; extensive: large-scale commercial farming
More example sentences
- According to residents, police then began a provocative large-scale mobilisation in the area.
- A number of people were arrested after large-scale disorder broke out at a Bradford nightclub.
- You mention that the breaking up of large-scale commercial agriculture is retrograde.
2(Of a map or model) made to a scale large enough to show certain features in detail.
- This is a large-scale map to start the listener off on explorations of their own.
- The only skills needed are to be able to read a large-scale map and to be able to recognise the common water birds likely to be seen along these rivers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan