- 1Involving large numbers or a large area; extensive: large-scale commercial farmingMore example sentences
- According to residents, police then began a provocative large-scale mobilisation in the area.
- A number of people were arrested after large-scale disorder broke out at a Bradford nightclub.
- You mention that the breaking up of large-scale commercial agriculture is retrograde.
- 2(Of a map or model) made to a scale large enough to show certain features in detail.More example sentences
- This is a large-scale map to start the listener off on explorations of their own.
- The only skills needed are to be able to read a large-scale map and to be able to recognise the common water birds likely to be seen along these rivers.