nounBritish • informal
- A copious amount of something, especially food or drink: chocolate cake with lashings of creamMore example sentences
- The members were glad to be spared long and expensive journeys, while most of those on the conference trains enjoyed the conviviality, the singing of rousing songs, and the lashings of drink on board.
- And when I get home, I don't feel like writing - I want a cup of tea, a jammy dodger, and lashings of comfort food.
- The decadent food, which include lashings of pricey ingredients such as lobster and goose liver, has gained the restaurant two Michelin stars and a sheaf of awards.
More definitions of lashingsDefinition of lashings in:
- The US English dictionary