- Relating to the later stages of the final (Weichsel or Devensian) glaciation, from the beginning of the rise in temperature about 15,000 years ago to the beginning of the Flandrian about 10,000 years ago. Compare with postglacial.More example sentences
- The field setting suggests that both ice contact deposition and marine sedimentation at the distal end of the late-glacial outwash fan occurred at about the same time.
- Immediately north of Carndonagh a late-glacial outwash surface slopes northwards from around 30 to 7 metres above sea level.
- The name ‘Younger Dryas’ was applied to the most recent and pronounced of these late-glacial cold intervals, and has received the most attention.
More definitions of late-glacialDefinition of late-glacial in:
- The US English dictionary