- A woman who is employed to launder clothes and linen.More example sentences
- Looking out of the picture, presumably watching the cauldron as it boils more water, the laundress immerses clothes in a wooden tub frothed with over-running foam.
- Across the river a laundress scrubs clothes on the water-steps.
- Irish working class girls were viewed as drunken and feckless, only suitable to be housemaids or laundresses.
More definitions of laundressDefinition of laundress in:
- The US English dictionary