(also lava tunnel)
- A natural tunnel within a solidified lava flow, formerly occupied by flowing molten lava.More example sentences
- Channeled through a lava tube, the sea can roar and blow its spray as high as 50 feet.
- As the lava flows onwards, this skin is left behind as a lava tunnel.
- In 1996, the Italian army proved this by detonating 15,000 pounds of mining explosives to successfully block a lava tube leading from Mount Etna and threatening villages below.
More definitions of lava tubeDefinition of lava tube in:
- The US English dictionary