verb[with object] literary
1.1(Of water) wash against or over (something): the sea below laved the shore with small, agitated waves
More example sentences
- But in Salzburg, a land laved by mists and mountain air, all the star-power in the world fades away before the glory of Mozart, its most illustrious son.
- He passes the time by visiting bathhouses, where he writhes in licentious congress soapy enough to lave his sins and conceal the nether regions forbade by Japanese censorship.
- Took Nat to the beach, and as we approached the shore I caught the Most Holy Whiff, the perfume of fish and weeds and sun-laved water.
- Example sentences
- And with a great deal of commotion, we did all our lavations.
- Truthfully, any hamster I have, or don't have, will remain pretty stinky if his lavations are left to me.
- Then Henry goes home, I have dinner and begin my lavations to relax before completing my homework.
Words that rhyme with lavebehave, brave, Cave, clave, concave, crave, Dave, deprave, engrave, enslave, fave, forgave, gave, grave, knave, Maeve, misbehave, misgave, nave, outbrave, pave, rave, save, shave, shortwave, slave, stave, they've, waive, wave
Definition of lave in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.