Definition of law-abiding in English:
Obedient to the laws of society: a law-abiding citizen
More example sentences
- More likely the product of those years, in the main, turned into decent law-abiding members of society.
- In any civilized and law-abiding society the defeat of the terrorist is a public interest of the first importance.
- But we also want the rights of all law-abiding citizens to be respected and protected as well.
well behaved, lawful, righteous, honest, honourable, correct, upright, upstanding, good, decent, proper, solid, virtuous, moral, ethical;
high-minded, right-minded, principled, worthy, orderly, above board, clean-living, peaceable, peaceful, civilized;
- Example sentences
- And while we should generally want to create a culture of law-abidingness, a culture of pacifism is a recipe for national disaster.
- As long ago as 1865 Bagehot noted the law-abidingness of the British.
- Libertarians recognize that a free market needs a culture of law-abidingness, promise-keeping, and respect for contracts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India