- The supposed principle that future events are likely to turn out so that they balance any past deviation from a presumed average: the law of averages suggests it is Arsenal’s turn to beat their neighboursMore example sentences
- Perhaps, but it'll more likely be the law of averages, a destiny thing, a twist of fate.
- If they did it once, the law of averages most likely would favor them doing it a second time.
- Above all, though, first round day is when the law of averages is more likely to favour lower pedigree opposition maintaining the FA Cup's shock factor.
More definitions of law of averagesDefinition of law of averages in:
- The US English dictionary