- 1The law regulating the inheritance of property.More example sentences
- This, in my view, would be a distortion of the principles underlying customary law of succession and inheritance.
- There are all sorts of areas of law where even the common law of bankruptcy has private international law aspects, as does the common law of succession.
- It caused untold hardship in terms of the laws of succession for blacks and even provided for the separation of the administration of white and black intestate estates.
- 1.1 (Law of Succession) The law regulating the appointment of a new monarch or head of state.More example sentences
- The exception is royalty, where, by the laws of succession, a high position is inevitable.
- So, she will be his wife under common law, but not the Queen under the law of succession.
- Male primogeniture governed most property arrangements as well as the laws of succession to the crown.
More definitions of law of successionDefinition of law of succession in:
- The US English dictionary