- A person who draws up and enacts laws: the monarch was supreme executive, lawgiver, judge, and warriorMore example sentences
- It is no more valid to say ‘because law suggests a lawgiver, a divine lawgiver must exist’.
- This chapter and verse makes clear that only God can be our lawgiver, judge and King.
- It relieved humanity of the heavy load under which it was groaning and broke the fetters unjust rulers and ignorant lawgivers had put around its feet.
More definitions of lawgiverDefinition of lawgiver in:
- The US English dictionary