noun (plural lawmen)
- (In the US) a law-enforcement officer, especially a sheriff.More example sentences
- The protesters sought police protection but a high-ranking officer ordered lawmen to withdraw and allowed the attackers to set upon the demonstrators.
- As such, early episodes represent an update of classic Westerns, with tough lawmen attempting to patrol the ‘new frontier’ which a change in society has wrought.
- The wife of a deceased lawman would never consider a proposal from a fugitive.
More definitions of lawmanDefinition of lawman in:
- The US English dictionary