nounchiefly North American
- A cake of two or more layers with jam, cream, or icing between.More example sentences
- My mother, ever wise, bought a first-edition copy, and sometime thereafter I began celebrating my birthdays with its raspberries-and-cream-cheese layer cake.
- And for dessert, we have banana layer cake with caramel cream and pecans.
- Carol and Laura had prepared a casserole and a chocolate layer cake, respectively.
More definitions of layer cakeDefinition of layer cake in:
- The US English dictionary