- A period of rest or waiting before a further stage in a journey: there was only a forty-eight minute layoverMore example sentences
- Based upon the schedule, that would have left me a layover of just 25 minutes in Patchogue.
- After David went on his way, the rest of us milled about the airport for the rest of our layover.
- Infections can be acquired en route, so layovers and intermediate stops should be identified.
More definitions of layoverDefinition of layover in:
- The US English dictionary