- A bright blue mineral which is the chief constituent of lapis lazuli and consists chiefly of a silicate and sulphate of sodium and aluminium.More example sentences
- Lapis lazuli is an ornamental rock formed by the regional metamorphism of limestone; it has blue lazurite (sodium calcium aluminosilicate sulphate), white calcite, and pyrite as its main constituents.
- Associated minerals include various pyroxenes and zeolites in addition to the more familiar lazurite, sodalite, pyrite, and carbonates.
- He listed amazonite, aquamarine (subsequently named the state gemstone), topaz, gypsum (alabaster and satin spar varieties), lazurite, quartz, and turquoise.
More definitions of lazuriteDefinition of lazurite in:
- The US English dictionary