- (Of petrol) without added tetraethyl lead.More example sentences
- This may be caused by carcinogenic additives to lead-free petrol such as benzene.
- Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh have now all recently switched to lead-free petrol (after different phase-ins in the three countries), thereby reducing lead levels substantially in the atmosphere.
- A precedent for the scheme was established when the development agency was involved in subsidising the installation of lead-free petrol pumps in remote areas in the 1980s - but this time the fuel companies are eager to be involved.
More definitions of lead-freeDefinition of lead-free in:
- The US English dictionary