- 1 Baseball Bat first in a game or inning: Tony plays shortstop and leads offMore example sentences
- In the Braves' half of the first inning, he led off and deposited the first pitch of the game into the left field seats.
- He hit his home run, leading off in the fourth inning.
- He led off for the Giants, and took two fastballs to get ahead in the count.
- 1.1(Of a base runner) be in a position to run from a base while standing off the base.More example sentences
- Then all of the sudden I'd hear Vin coming in clear as a bell talking about Davey Lopes leading off of first base or something, and it was like a free ice cream cone had appeared in my hand.
- A runner leading off second looks in at the catcher's signs and then signals to the batter.
More definitions of lead offDefinition of lead off in:
- The US English dictionary