Most important: a number of leading politicians
More example sentences
- Craven District Council has played a leading role as main sponsor of the project.
- She danced all the leading ballerina roles, foremost among them Odette-Odile and Kitri.
- He has figured in a number of leading roles for Ballinrobe Musical Society, including Danilo in The Merry Widow.
main, chief, major, prime, most significant, principal, foremost, key, supreme, paramount, dominant, superior, ruling, directing, guiding, controlling, essential, cardinal, central, focal;
momentous, noteworthy, notable
most powerful, most important, foremost, greatest, chief, outstanding, pre-eminent, richest, principal, dominant, most influential, most illustrious, paramount, top-tier, top-rank, of the first rank, first-rate
noun[mass noun] Back to top
Guidance or leadership, especially in a spiritual context.
- Things can be learned in many ways (spiritual leading is one way you pointed).
- It is a longing for a church that raises up leaders who recognize that leading and listening are not mutually exclusive.
- Thus, if we are not willing to give total obedience to his leading, we should not pray for blessing from above.
Words that rhyme with leadingexceeding, misleading, pleading, reeding, self-feeding, sheading, unheeding
1The amount of blank space between lines of print.
- Most scrapbookers don't know what kerning or leading are and how to adjust them accordingly.
- I must say it is very interesting, but is it really necessary to have the typesetting within so big and the leading between each line so expanded?
- And certainly, with that leading, I think surrounding it a box would be a mistake.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan