- 1Soil consisting chiefly of decayed leaves.More example sentences
- Enrich the soil with compost and leaf mold, periodically apply organic fertilizers such as fish emulsion, and make sure plants get adequate water.
- These are not gross feeders, but elegant plants of open woodland, happiest in humus rich soils with an annual mulch of compost or leaf mould.
- Here's how: Amend soil with compost or leaf mold and a bit of horticultural sand.
- 2A fungal disease of tomatoes in which mould develops on the leaves.
More example sentences
- The fungus is Fulvia fulva (formerly Cladosporium fulvum), subdivision Deuteromycotina
- The interaction between tomato and the leaf mold pathogen Cladosporium fulvum is an excellent model for investigating disease resistance gene evolution.
More definitions of leaf mouldDefinition of leaf mould in:
- The US English dictionary