Definition of leaf peeper in English:
A person who visits particular areas, especially in New England, to view the autumn foliage.
- Whatever charges his batteries would surely charge mine, so we picked days after the tourists left but before the leaf peepers arrived.
- The quest is for the perfect moment, the exact time and location when a leaf peeper will encounter the height of foliage color and experience foliage ecstasy.
- It's not autumn until leaf peepers overmatch the bargain zombies in the outlet malls of Vermont.
leaf peeping noun
- Example sentences
- October is the resort's busiest month because of the many meetings scheduled there as well as the popular leaf-peeping in the area mountains.
- The city serves as the gateway to all of New England, from leaf peeping to hiking to skiing.
- If there's only leaf peeping to be had an hour north, then I am doomed in going south.
Definition of leaf peeper in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan