- 1A list of the competitors in a league, showing their ranking according to performance in a particular season: Rangers are at the top of the league tableMore example sentences
- According to the league table, this has not been a bad season for Newcastle United.
- Despite this penalty claim, the home team deserved to win and now join Ilkley at the top end of the league table.
- But he knows as well as anyone you can only take one small step at a time, and moving one or two places up the league table has to be the realistic goal this season.
- 1.1A comparison of achievement or merit in a competitive area: a national league table of school resultsMore example sentences
- Exam results for A-level students place the borough in the bottom half of a national league table of achievement.
- The district has fallen back a place in the national league table based on results for 11-year-olds.
- Bradford College has produced its best-ever showing in a national league table of teacher-training colleges.