- Relating to an internal-combustion engine designed to run on a lean mixture to reduce pollution: lean-burn technologyMore example sentences
- They have been proven to go beyond the lean-burn limit of a standard spark ignition.
- The main difficulties came from the variability between cylinders, which was amplified during lean-burn operation.
- Such diesel engines and ‘lean-burn’ petrol engines are more economical than conventional engines.
More definitions of lean-burnDefinition of lean-burn in:
- The US English dictionary