- An act of believing in or attempting something whose existence or outcome cannot be proved or known: anyone investing in new media today has to make a leap of faith taking a leap of faith is something every entrepreneur must do to uproot these children now requires a leap of faithMore example sentences
- Two years ago, Smith gave up a good job, the only job he had ever had, and took a leap of faith.
- Anyone investing in new media has to make a leap of faith.
- Policy differences apart, the appointment was always going to be a leap of faith for both men.
mid 19th century: translation of medieval Latin saltus fidei.
More definitions of leap of faithDefinition of leap of faith in:
- The US English dictionary