- 1A person who is learning a subject or skill: a fast learnerMore example sentences
beginner, trainee, apprentice, pupil, student, mentee, novice, newcomer, starter, probationer, tyro, fledgling, fresher, freshman, freshwoman, neophyte, initiate, new recruit, raw recruit, new boy/girl; North American tenderfoot, novitiate• informal newbieNorth American • informal greenhorn, rookie
- Surround those slow learners with fast learners who understand how to promote their creative ideas.
- I repeated it easily; I'd always been a fast learner with languages.
- For a learner to acquire skills in a foreign language, correctness of speech in his mother tongue should be taught.
- 1.1 (also learner driver) A person who is learning to drive a motor vehicle and has not yet passed a driving test.More example sentences
- You should be aware that learner drivers under supervision have a very low involvement in crashes.
- If you're a learner driver over 25 years of age, you're not required to complete the logbook.
- In fact, it's a good idea if a learner driver receives professional driving instructions.