Definition of leathery in English:
Having a tough, hard texture like leather: brown, leathery skin
More example sentences
- The leathery sheet object is excellent in water repellency and water resistance in sections formed by cutting.
- At baseline and at 1 month, the lesions were clinically assessed as soft, leathery or hard.
- An is quite common and presents as a symmetric brown-black thickening of the skin that gradually becomes leathery or velvety in appearance.
- Example sentences
- Wrinkling, yellowing, leatheriness, mottling and hyperpigmentation are all associated with sun damage.
- Then a sharper leatheriness takes over and the whole thing wraps up a meaty finish with some peppery spice.
- The cigar drives home the nuttiness of the liquor and picks up leatheriness in the bargain.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia