- A light-emitting diode (a semiconductor diode which glows when a voltage is applied): light sources can be fluorescent tubes, optical fibres, or LEDs [as modifier]: an LED displayMore example sentences
- Companies are developing ways to use organic light-emitting diodes as a source for lighting up rooms.
- Japanese scientists have proposed a solution to the puzzle of why blue light-emitting diodes are so bright.
- Powerful light-emitting diodes have been shown to help heal wounds in laboratory animals and are now being tested on humans at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
More definitions of LEDDefinition of LED in:
- The US English dictionary