adjective (leerier, leeriest)informal
Cautious or wary due to realistic suspicions: a city leery of gang violence
More example sentences
- The market turmoil and lack of good financial knowledge has made them leery of equities.
- Businesses were a little leery, understandably, about investing and adding jobs.
- I was a little bit wary or a little bit leery because he had to pick the gun up and put it in the bag, so of course I was watching what he was doing.
- More example sentences
- I share Davies' leeriness with regard to management consultants.
- Phoenix and New Hampshire prosecutors have, at least, overcome their leeriness at even charging bishops or cardinals.
- Also implied here is an understandable leeriness on Bartov's part of the possibility that such art draws on the power of the Holocaust merely to energize itself and its forms.