Definition of left luggage in English:
noun[mass noun] British
1Travellers' luggage left in temporary storage at a railway station, bus station, or airport.
- We are pleased to find that the station does indeed have a left luggage facility where we can leave our suitcases overnight.
- If anyone else is interested in staying, maybe you can suggest that they take only a backpack and leave any suitcases at the left luggage at a train station.
- There will be no left luggage at the tournament, with fans forced to leave picnic hampers and bulky bags outside the grounds.
1.1A room where left luggage may be stored temporarily for a small charge: I picked up my parcel from left luggage
More example sentences
- The terminal was evacuated while a suspect bag at left luggage was investigated.
- Innes deposited his rucksack in left luggage, presumably intending to travel the next night.
- Victor finished up sleeping in left luggage at King's Cross for a while, one of the station staff having taken pity on him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan