noun (plural lefties)• informal
- 1chiefly British A person with left-wing political views: even lefties are now saying that people want to buy their own homes [as modifier]: lefty trades unionistsMore example sentences
- For a leftie, becoming politically aware in the 1990s - after the fall of communism - was a strange experience.
- Why do we as artists, lefties, politico revolutionaries, critique one another at every available opportunity?
- As Josh points out, there's a big difference - both then and now - between liberal Democrats and extreme lefties.
- 2chiefly North American A left-handed person: many older people classified as right-handers were born lefties [as modifier]: a lefty pitcherMore example sentences
- He bowled the following season left-handed and even bowled three regionals as a lefty, but had no luck.
- While his changeup works wonders against right-handers, lefties have an easier time picking it up.
- So it made sense to Casey to load up with right-handers when the lefties were pitching, and vice versa.
More definitions of leftyDefinition of lefty in:
- The US English dictionary