Definition of leg-pull in English:
A trick or practical joke: it was nothing more than an elaborate leg-pull
More example sentences
- And did she try any other little leg-pulls on the Home Secretary?
- Whether Davidson's Patent Bed Maker was a serious proposal, or simply another of his celebrated leg-pulls, we never discovered.
- It's only a leg-pull, but according to Susan Quilliam, a relationships expert, poor communication is the biggest cause of problems and break-ups after affairs and domestic violence.
- Example sentences
- There may be fiddle playing, singing, guitar playing, Irish dancing, poetry reading, lie-telling and leg-pulling.
- The proud dad said his son dealt with the leg-pulling from friends and teasing ‘in a really remarkable way’ with a maturity beyond his years.
- We tried to dissuade him, but I guessed by the gleam of mischief in his eye that that he was doing a bit of leg-pulling.
Definition of leg-pull in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan