Definition of leg rope in English:
1(In surfing) a rope attached to a surfboard and tied to the surfer’s ankle to prevent the board being washed away by the surf.
- He managed to flag down a passing boat after he became tangled with his leg rope and was having trouble keeping his head above water.
- He suffered severe head trauma when a stray board, whose owner was not wearing a leg rope, smashed into the back of his head fracturing his skull.
- When I was a kid, one time I got my leg rope wrapped around my whole body like a ball, under water.
2A rope used to secure an animal by one hind leg.
- The cows were baled individually and then I had to bend down behind them and fit a leg rope to the cow's leg, just above the hoof.
- She was a champion at putting her foot in the bucket of fresh milk when it was half full, so eventually we had to employ the use of a leg rope.
- The hind leg rope is always a bit longer than the front leg rope.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.