noun[mass noun] Cricket
A type of spin bowling which causes the ball to deviate from the leg side towards the off side after pitching; leg breaks: he coped comfortably with the leg spin of Mushtaq Ahmed
More example sentences
- Priory opened with a mix of pace and leg spin which was to prove a formidable formula.
- There is a strong view in the Australian camp that England batsmen are not handling leg spin well.
- He followed up with 13 overs of leg spin which earned him five wickets for 55 runs.
- More example sentences
- A middle-order batsman and leg-spinner for his team, he idolises Sachin Tendulkar and misses Anil Kumble.
- It's easy to make comparisons between Shane Warne, one of the greatest leg-spinners who has ever lived, and Ashley Giles, a guy who goes out to try to do a good job.
- After Richie Benaud there was no significant leg-spinner in Australia till Shane Warne came on the scene against India in 1992 at Sydney.