Definition of leg spin in English:
noun[mass noun] Cricket
A type of spin bowling which causes the ball to deviate from the leg side towards the off side after pitching; leg breaks: he coped comfortably with the leg spin of Mushtaq Ahmed
More example sentences
- Priory opened with a mix of pace and leg spin which was to prove a formidable formula.
- There is a strong view in the Australian camp that England batsmen are not handling leg spin well.
- He followed up with 13 overs of leg spin which earned him five wickets for 55 runs.
- Example sentences
- A middle-order batsman and leg-spinner for his team, he idolises Sachin Tendulkar and misses Anil Kumble.
- It's easy to make comparisons between Shane Warne, one of the greatest leg-spinners who has ever lived, and Ashley Giles, a guy who goes out to try to do a good job.
- After Richie Benaud there was no significant leg-spinner in Australia till Shane Warne came on the scene against India in 1992 at Sydney.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India