Entry from US English dictionary
1(Of paper) measuring 8 ½ by 14 inches.
- There were forty piles of one hundred legal-size sheets.
- The main computer sat on the left flap of a faux-leather portfolio; on the right was an ordinary legal-size pad of paper that overlay a digitized writing tablet.
- On average, her firm consumes 1,200 legal-size legal pads, 12,000 letter-size legal pads, and 4,200 Junior-size legal pads a year.
1.1Designed to hold paper measuring 8 ½ by 14 inches.
- Drawers and cabinets under the counter conceal legal-size files and office supply storage.
- For printed plans, send $1 and a self-addressed legal-size envelope to Sunset Magazine.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.