Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of legal-size in English:
1(Of paper) measuring 8 ½ by 14 inches.
- There were forty piles of one hundred legal-size sheets.
- The main computer sat on the left flap of a faux-leather portfolio; on the right was an ordinary legal-size pad of paper that overlay a digitized writing tablet.
- On average, her firm consumes 1,200 legal-size legal pads, 12,000 letter-size legal pads, and 4,200 Junior-size legal pads a year.
1.1Designed to hold paper measuring 8 ½ by 14 inches.
- Drawers and cabinets under the counter conceal legal-size files and office supply storage.
- For printed plans, send $1 and a self-addressed legal-size envelope to Sunset Magazine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.