- A public holiday established by law.More example sentences
- Workers are protected by laws guaranteeing minimum wages, legal holidays, paid vacations, collective bargaining, and the right to strike.
- In addition to the standard holidays of the Christian calendar, legal holidays in Italy are New Year's Day, Liberation Day on April twenty-fifth, and Labor Day on May first.
- Other legal holidays include New Year's Day and the major holidays of the Christian calendar.
More definitions of legal holidayDefinition of legal holiday in:
- The US English dictionary