noun[mass noun] • informal
- The formal and technical language of legal documents: the typed pages were full of confusing legaleseMore example sentences
- Unfortunately, the disclosures are hard to read due to legalese and boilerplate language.
- I guarantee it is no less full of scientific mumbo jumbo than a purchase and sale agreement is full of legalese.
- The Supreme Court decisions that he attacks are written in difficult, if not impenetrable, legalese.
More definitions of legaleseDefinition of legalese in:
- The US English dictionary