- Bhagiratha is the legendary king whose devotion made the Ganges consent to come down to the Earth.
- It ends with the legendary King Arthur, a Celtic hero adopted by the Anglo-Normans.
- Most people, it should be said, like to name their pets after mythological and legendary figures.
- The statue was commissioned by Goodwood estate owner Lord March to honour the legendary fighter pilot.
- These were the only honours bestowed on this legendary maestro during his lifetime.
- It's all a part of the legendary good time that the Edmonton festival is so well known for.
- Example sentences
- For all his kindness, Ben was also legendarily a tough guy, and only a tough guy could have made his choices.
- The composer legendarily augmented his orchestra with a wind machine.
- Theresa Gattung legendarily insisted on wearing hers to university.
Early 16th century (as a noun denoting a collection of legends, especially of saints' lives): from medieval Latin legendarius, from legenda 'things to be read' (see legend).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: le¦gend|ary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.