(also ledger line)
- A short line added for notes above or below the range of a stave.More example sentences
- A cutting tool is then used to put in the bar-lines, stems, beams, ledger lines, slurs, expression marks, etc.
- In bar 194 of the Adagio, the Bass tuba has a low note with many ledger lines.
- I wasn't having to stop and count leger lines, and I was managing to maintain something of a pace through it.
late 19th century: leger, variant of ledger.
More definitions of leger lineDefinition of leger line in:
- The US English dictionary