- A form of bacterial pneumonia first identified after an outbreak at an American Legion meeting in 1976. It is spread chiefly by water droplets through air conditioning and similar systems. See also legionella.More example sentences
- If you develop the above symptoms and you are worried that it might be legionnaires' disease, you should see your GP.
- Colds, pneumonia, tuberculosis, and influenza are more common in smokers, as is legionnaires' disease.
- Health chiefs are still looking into an outbreak of legionnaires' disease which killed six people in Barrow-in-Furness.
More definitions of legionnaires' diseaseDefinition of legionnaires' disease in:
- The US English dictionary