- Those are the words that are used in sections of this type in a great deal of legislation.
- This had made them exempt from certain legislation that does not apply to the Crown.
- Many of these provisions may make sense if they are placed in ordinary legislation.
- In her new job, Cooper will be in charge of legislation leading up to the euro referendum.
- Cohen shows how immigration legislation has not just been about keeping people out.
- Valerie Keating is the Home Office official in charge of the proposed legislation.
Mid 17th century (denoting the enactment of laws): from late Latin legis latio(n-), literally 'proposing of a law', from lex 'law' and latus 'raised' (past participle of tollere).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: le¦gis¦la|tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.