- 1Conforming to the rules; legal: is this car legit?More example sentences
- This is done as a money laundering scheme to put illicit dollars back into the legit art market.
- None of the letters to the legit media had even been publicly discovered or acknowledged.
- On the other hand, illegitimate pyramid schemes can resemble legit sales operations.
- 1.1(Of a person) not engaging in illegal activity or attempting to deceive; honest: he used to be a bad boy, but now he’s totally legitMore example sentences
- I don't know if you have ever started an online company, but it is incredibly hard these days to collect money online - even if you are totally legit.
- It seems like Savage is really desperate to return to the big time in pro wrestling, but why would he spend so much money to produce this record if he wasn't legit?
- The focus there will be on opt-in lists, and whether they're legit.
- Begin to behave honestly after a period of illegal activity: we’re going legit—no more things that have fallen off the back of a lorryMore example sentences
- His desire, now that his life is ending, is to attempt to leave the mafia business and go legit.
- But the sites are not yet comprehensive or cheap enough to persuade users to go legit.
- Now he's ready to go legit and take his antics to Foufs where he intends to prove he's not your average MC.
early 20th century: abbreviation of legitimate.
More definitions of legitDefinition of legit in:
- The US English dictionary