Make legitimate: voters legitimize the government through the election of public officials
More example sentences
- Nor does she think that the legislation legitimising it is likely to be revoked in the near future.
- Now he is suggesting that such steps be legitimized and sanctioned in advance.
- The legal institution of marriage legitimises some relationships and denies others.
- Example sentences
- All this has lent a sort of legitimization to the reoccupation, the bombings, and the arrests.
- It provides the legitimization of external sovereignty and some legal protection against aggression.
- This is nothing less than the legitimization of the lynch mob.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: le¦git¦im|ize
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.