- Acting or done at leisure; unhurried or relaxed: a leisurely breakfast at our hotelMore example sentences
- It can take off from a relatively small runway and cruise at the leisurely pace of a car.
- The walk is taken at a leisurely pace and is a very pleasant way to spend a summer's evening.
- It is recommended that you plan a minimum of three weeks to see both islands at a leisurely pace.
adverbBack to top
- Without hurry: couples strolled leisurely alongMore example sentences
- Some cognac with a nutty finish may be leisurely consumed at her Watergate apartment.
- I must wake up early every day to exercise and read the newspapers leisurely.
- It's more like a nice cup of tea - to be enjoyed leisurely and with a degree of reflection.
- More example sentences
- Watching a videotape of Touching the Void at home, a fortnight after seeing it at the cinema, I noticed the music more, and the leisureliness, and the mythical subtext beneath the facts, with Joe Simpson as the archetypal wounded hero.
- Where unceasing mobility turns into a stressful burden, a desire for leisureliness and unharriedness is likely to grow.
- Its thinking is leisurely, because today revolt requires leisureliness and not speed.