- A fragrant tropical grass which yields an oil that smells of lemon. It is widely used in Asian cooking and in perfumery and medicine.
More example sentences
- Cymbopogon citratus, family Gramineae
- Remove any tough outer leaves from the lemongrass then slice the tender insides into wafer thin rings.
- He could hardly taste the lemongrass, so dominant was the chilli.
- Cut the sweet potato, parsnip and broccoli into bite-sized chunks and add to the curry with the shallots and lemongrass.
More definitions of lemongrassDefinition of lemongrass in:
- The US English dictionary