- The basic monetary unit of Honduras, equal to 100 centavos.More example sentences
- The teachers are seeking an hourly wage increase of 10.19 lempiras.
- He gets into social life, the few extra lempiras a week, the booze, the downward spiral.
- On a good day she might make as much as 100 lempiras, but usually more like 40 or 50.
named after Lempira, a 16th-century Indian chieftain who opposed the Spanish conquest of Honduras.
More definitions of lempiraDefinition of lempira in:
- The US English dictionary