Definition of leniency in English:
The fact or quality of being more merciful or tolerant than expected; clemency: the court could show leniency
More example sentences
- South Africa too, will seek more leniency in international trade of elephant products.
- The son pleads guilty, tearfully begging for leniency based on his claim that his father molested him.
- So I think the rules of engagement give the military the leniency they need to accomplish their mission.
tolerance, forbearance, moderateness, lack of severity, moderation, humanity, charity, indulgence, gentleness, mildness, sufferance, acceptance;
pity, sympathy, compassion, understanding, concern, consideration, kindness, kind-heartedness, benevolence;
- Example sentences
- From that point of view he is absolutely right but what's wrong with a little lenience?
- It is not clear whether the same lenience would be shown to the other health professions.
- She asked for lenience from the court as she had a four-month-old baby to look after.
Words that rhyme with leniencyresiliency
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan