1Shaped like a lentil, especially by being biconvex: lenticular lenses
More example sentences
- Thanks to lenticular lenses, the figures disappeared like ghosts when the photographs were viewed from certain angles, suggesting the mutability of memory.
- The berries in the most derived clade are all morphologically similar, with two carpels, axile placentation and mostly lenticular seeds.
- The origin of the lenticular sandstone dykelets is more problematic.
2Relating to the lens of the eye.
- When the lens is distorted, you have lenticular astigmatism.
- On the patient's return from the war, an optician had confirmed the lenticular foreign body.
- In 1912, a WD was described as a familial syndrome of progressive lenticular degeneration associated with cirrhosis of the liver.
Late Middle English: from Latin lenticularis, from lenticula, diminutive of lens, lent- 'lentil'.
Words that rhyme with lenticularauricular, curricula, curricular, diverticula, funicular, navicular, particular, perpendicular, vehicular, vermicular
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: len¦ticu|lar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.