- A common greenish-brown North American frog which has dark leopard-like spots with a pale border.
More example sentences
- Rana pipiens, family Ranidae
- On wildlife refuges in Arizona where Schwalbe studies the amphibian, bullfrogs have nearly eliminated the Mexican garter snake and the Chiricahua leopard frog.
- The Berkeley team now reports similar laboratory results in two U.S. species, the leopard frog and the Pacific tree frog.
- On June 14, we proposed to list the Chiricahua leopard frog as threatened due to the effects of non-native predators, disease, habitat loss, and potential natural events, such as floods and drought.
More definitions of leopard frogDefinition of leopard frog in:
- The US English dictionary