- A mineral of the mica group containing lithium, typically grey or lilac in colour.More example sentences
- Gases penetrating rock crevices allow the slow formation of lepidolite, topaz and tourmaline.
- It never occurs as a free element, but is found in minerals such as spodumene, petalite, and lepidolite.
- It was a large piece rectangular rock, possibly lepidolite, carved with strange, flowing markings.
late 18th century: from Greek lepis, lepid- 'scale' + -lite.
More definitions of lepidoliteDefinition of lepidolite in:
- The US English dictionary