Definition of leprous in English:
1Suffering from leprosy.
- By 724 BC the leprous king Uzziah of Judah had not been seen for a while and finally in that year he died.
- By all means be appalled by the leprous beggars, but don't allow this to blind you to the rich educational diversity the Third World has to offer.
- Founded as a hospital by Eudo the Steward, to support four leprous residents, its chapel became a parish church and was able to survive the Dissolution.
1.1Relating to or resembling leprosy: leprous growths
More example sentences
- When I nursed in a clinic near Bombay, a small girl, shielding all her leprous sores, crept inside the door.
- The Lazarus of the parable appears on crutches with dogs licking his leprous sores, a citation from Luke.
- While leprous signs wracked the entire body, notably disfiguring the face, making public a private sin, it was on the genitals that the first signs of syphilis would appear.
Definition of leprous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan