Definition of leprous in English:
1Suffering from leprosy.
- By 724 BC the leprous king Uzziah of Judah had not been seen for a while and finally in that year he died.
- By all means be appalled by the leprous beggars, but don't allow this to blind you to the rich educational diversity the Third World has to offer.
- Founded as a hospital by Eudo the Steward, to support four leprous residents, its chapel became a parish church and was able to survive the Dissolution.
1.1Relating to or resembling leprosy: leprous growths
More example sentences
- When I nursed in a clinic near Bombay, a small girl, shielding all her leprous sores, crept inside the door.
- The Lazarus of the parable appears on crutches with dogs licking his leprous sores, a citation from Luke.
- While leprous signs wracked the entire body, notably disfiguring the face, making public a private sin, it was on the genitals that the first signs of syphilis would appear.
Words that rhyme with leprousferrous • ambidextrous
Definition of leprous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.